Monday, August 6, 2018

ROUND 7 Thruxton

Jamie and the team were confident going into round 7 at Thruxton due to this being a positive round in 2017. It is always exciting going to the Hampshire circuit as it is renowned for being the fastest race circuit in the UK! Jamie and all of the others riders have very limited track time other than the annual British Superbike round.

The forecast was set to be another scorcher and Jamie was feeling good, free practice 1 saw Jamie finish 9th fastest, where he struggled to get a clear lap in all the traffic but free practice 2 was more positive with Jamie being the 4th fastest Supersport rider.

Qualifying came and Jamie was between 2nd - 6th positions for the duration, ending up that he would start 6th on the grid for race 1 - but the 4th Supersport.

Jamie finished P4 in the sprint race, although he was dicing throughout for 2nd and 3rd. Jamie started race 2 from pole position, after a race long battle between a group of 6 riders he was able to hold on to 3rd position, meaning he was back on the podium!

Quotes from Jamie:

"I knew the sprint race was going to be a mad one because of the nature of the track it always makes for close racing especially in supersport. It lived up to my expectations. So many passes throughout the whole race! I was pretty disappointed to miss out on the podium because it was so close. Although I did walk away with the fastest lap of the race to put me on pole for the feature race."

"For race 2 I was starting from my first ever bsb pole, I was a bit nervous to say the least! I got a pretty sweet start and tried to get my head down and break away, that didn't work and I got slipstreamed up the back straight. And from then on it was a fight to the end. I was running in 4th on the penultimate lap and had a pass planned for the last lap but unfortunately the race was red flagged a lap early. This put me into 3rd place. So happy to walk away from the weekend with two strong finishes and a pole position under my belt."

I would like to thank my sponsors and supporters that are making the 2018 season happen, Slidecodor, Andrew Piperwork Services, Hemisphere Freight Services, BSS, J&S Accessories, Silkolene Lubricants, Dijon Flooring, The Stirrup Cup pub, Brial Teal and of course Mark Sadler at Go Racing Developments.

If anyone is interested in advertising their business or supporting me to stay on track, please contact me: www.facebook.com/jamieperrin75
Keep a look out on my facebook page because I will be selling some 2018 supporters merchandise!

Don’t forget you can always watch my races live on Eurosport 2!

Round 8 is at Cadwell Park on 17th - 19th August, come and say hello if you are going to be there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment