Monday, June 18, 2018

ROUND 3 Oulton Park

BSB Oulton Park May 5th-7th round 3 of 12.


A week before arriving at Oulton Park for the race weekend Jamie had visited the Cheshire circuit to complete a test day, this gave Jamie a chance to set up the bike and try some different settings, the weather was very cold and windy a major contrast to a week later for the race weekend which was very hot and sunny for the 3 days.

Jamies two practice sessions went well and he had completed consistent lap times throughout ready to go into his qualifying session on Sunday.

Going into day 2 for the qualifying session the weather was once again really sunny and hot, Jamie qualified in P7 which he was quite disappointed with, he hit some traffic on his best lap and struggled to get back into the rhythm with his tyres also being past their best.

Jamie and the team were once again over the moon following the race result with Jamie ending in 3rd place and getting onto the podium!

Sunday brought once again glorious weather, Jamies lap time placed him p7 on the grid for race 2, Jamie was dicing for 4th but had a small slide off which brought an end to the weekend.

Jamie isn't hurt and the bike has very limited damage so we have to now try to take the positives from the weekend and another trophy is coming home after Jamie's great performance in the sprint race.

We now have a long break to the next round at Snetterton which is on the 15th-17th June. Jamie will be completing a test day at Snetterton prior to this and the bike and Jamie will be back strong and competitive again!

Quotes from Jamie:
"The weekend has been a bit up and down but I am so happy with my second podium of the season and I'm feeling positive there is more to come"

"I'm disappointed not to have finished race 2 but I'm a racer and I'm always pushing myself and the bike to the limit - looking forward to Snetterton already"

I would like to thank my sponsors and supporters that are making the 2018 season happen, Slidecodor, Andrew Pipework Services, Hemisphere Freight Services, BSS, J&S Accessories, Silkolene Lubricants, Dijon Flooring, Standard Engineering, DB Tints and of course Mark Sadler at Go Racing Developments.

If anyone is interested in advertising their business or supporting me to stay on track, please contact me: www.facebook.com/jamieperrin75.

Keep a look out on my facebook page because I will be selling some 2018 supporters merchandise!!

Don't forget you can always watch my races live on Eurosport 2!

Round 4 is at Snetterton on the 15th-17th June, come and say hello if you are going to be there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment