Monday, April 16, 2018

ROUND 2 Brands Indy

BSB Brands Hatch Indy April 13th-15th round 2 of 12.

The major damage to the bike from round 1 at Donington turned out to be not quite as bad as it could have been, but we had a very busy 8 days organising and sorting spares to fix it. Mark Sadler at Go Racing Developments successfully built the bike and brought it to Brands Hatch with just some cosmetic things to sort.

So day 1 Friday the 13th weather started off very wet and very foggy but as the weather forecast was set to be good, I sat out free practice 1 to finish my bike repairs. So I felt very comfortable and confident going out into the 2nd free practice session where I finished 4th fastest which confirmed that the positives I had taken from Donington were correct and I have got the race pace.

Going into day 2 for my qualifying session the weather was really sunny and I had a successful session qualifying in 4th position which is where I would start race 1 on the grid in the afternoon.

I feel the race went really well and I finally got a podium position that I was chasing last year! I finished in 3rd place and I also completed the third fastest lap giving me a front row start for race 2 on Sunday.

Sunday brought dry but overcast weather, so I set off from the awning for the race feeling extremely confident. I was part of the leading trio once again and riding comfortably with them but to my dismay on lap 2 I noticed boards out around the track advising I had received a penalty ride through for a jump start, on returning to the track I was in 30th place, I did however manage to salvage a few championship points and came over the line in 13th place.

So although the weekend feels very up and down I now know that I do have the race pace for further podiums!

Quotes from Jamie:
"So overwhelmed at finally getting to taste the champagne and getting to stand on the podium that has been so elusive to me"

"I am really disappointed with my position in race 2 but glad to have salvaged some points after making such a rookie error of a jump start, that won't happen again!!"


I would like to thank my sponsors and supporters that are making the 2018 season happen, Slidecodor, Andrew Pipework Services, Hemisphere Freight Services, BSS, J&S Accessories, Silkolene Lubricants, Dijon Flooring, Standard Engineering, DB Tints and of course Mark Sadler at Go Racing Developments.


If anyone is interested in advertising their business or supporting me to stay on track, please contact me: www.facebook.com/jamieperrin75.

Keep a look out on my facebook page because I will be selling some 2018 supporters merchandise!!


Don't forget you can always watch my races live on Eurosport 2!

Round 3 is at Oulton Park on the 5th-7th May, come and say hello if you are going to be there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment