Monday, April 16, 2018

ROUND 1 Donington Park

BSB Donington Park 31st March - 2nd April. Round 1 of 12.

The winter of no racing flew by with organising the 2018 season and completing testing on my race bike as well as any other 2 wheeled track time I could get, between motocross, pitbiking and flat tracking.

Here we were round 1 of BSB at Donington Park, testing had gone well and I felt confident to start the year on a high. The whole weekend was plagued with very cold weather and my two free practice sessions brought wet conditions, therefore very few laps were completed.

Going into day 2 and my midday qualifying session I felt very comfortable and track conditions although still cold were dry. I completed numerous laps and my times were competitive and I was sitting within the top 3, the session was stopped due to a red flag and when I returned to the track I found myself in traffic. A very unfortunate and unlucky incident occured where I reached the end of the start and finish straight travelling at around 160mph I found I had no front brake and was unable to slow the bike down. On realising I had no brake my instinct was to jump off the bike, amazingly I suffered no major injuries other than being deemed unfit to ride by the medical team due to concussion. Unfortunately the bike suffered major damage as we both hurtled into the tyre wall.

I have to try to take the positives from the weekend and my pace is looking extremely competitive and I am still feeling very confident moving into round 2 at Brands Hatch Indy circuit on 13th-15th April. Happy to see that presently the weather forecast is looking better for that weekend!

I would like to thank my sponsors and supporters that are making the 2018 season happen, Slidecodor, Andrew Pipework Services, Hemisphere Freight Services, BSS, J&S Accessories, Silkolene Lubricants, Dijon Flooring, Standard Engineering, DB Tints and of course Mark Sadler at Go Racing Developments.

If anyone is interested in advertising their business or supporting me to stay on track, please contact me:
www.facebook.com/jamieperrin75

Quote from Jamie:

"This weekend has made me more determined for round 2 at Brands, I know I have the pace to be up there and I'm hoping I can prove this"

Looking forward to meeting anybody that is coming to Round 2 at Brands Hatch. Come and see me and have a cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment